GAIN Greyhound Diet Calculator
Use this revolutionary nutrition calculator to balance a diet containing meat etc.
Greyhound Diet Calculator
This calculator recommends the daily quantities to be fed to a 32.7kg (72lb) Active Greyhound.
Choose one option from each of the six drop-down menus, then press the “Calculate” button and the calculator will give you a choice of two solutions to balance your greyhound’s diet.
In addition to the options selected above, feed either Solution 1 or Solution 2 below.
- We recommend splitting the total diet between a breakfast and evening meal, or it can be fed once per day.
- For each 0.45kg (1lb) less than 32.7kg (72lb) greyhound weight, deduct 1% (approx.) from the quantity of each component of this diet. [Example: feed 10% less (approx.) to a 28.2kg (62lb) Active Greyhound].
- A corresponding upward adjustment needs to be made for greyhounds weighing over 32.7kg (72lb). [Example: feed 10% more (approx.) to a 37.3kg (82lb) Active Greyhound].
- To achieve a greyhound's optimum body weight you may need to adjust this recommended feeding guide, depending on individual variation, workload, external conditions, and variations in the composition of meat and vegetables etc.
- If chicken is part of the diet, supplement with an additional 2mg of Iron for each 100g of chicken fed.
- Always ensure that your greyhound has access to fresh drinking water.
GAIN Greyhound 20 can also be included as part of a home mix for Active Greyhounds. If you need help in balancing the total diet, or require any additional information, please complete the contact us. For information on the entire GAIN range, including recommendations on feeding pups, saplings, stud dogs, broods, resting and retired greyhounds, see the products page.